Thursday, May 29, 2008

Look at the time! It's time to take three...


Well, I thought I would start the weekend making something other than a card... some jewelry!! If I don't continue beading something, I couldn't keep my name, now could I? LOL!!  Anyway, this watch was made for someone as a thank you for being so generous towards me.  I do hope she likes it!! It consists of faceted Black Onyx, Rhodonite, Biwa Freshwater Pearls, Swarovski Crystals, and Bali Silver.  It is then finished with a Bali Silver toggle clasp.  The watch face is a Quartz movement with a Mother of Pearl face.  There is a little extra treat for her at the end of this watch, but I did show it as it would just give it away!   In any event, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it for her!! Thanks for looking!


NOW!! On with the card making!


 Todays challenge on SCS was hosted by no other than Angela R.  She is a friend of mine and did a fine job being her first time!! (she also made my banner!) The challenge was to make three different cards, using the same stamp/set, same paper, same hardware, etc.  These are my three...  I used Urban Designs by Alli Miles from Papertrey called Shapes by Design.  This set doesn't get as much use as I really thought it would when I bought it, but I think neither do half of my other stamps!!  For the dp, I used Basic Greys new Boxer and based the cards around one of the patterns in it.  In this case, it was a green and vanilla.  This stamp set really seemed to pick up on this pattern and became quite simple to create three different cards.  The middle card in the picture, I created a "Ribbon Slide" using my Mega scallop punch.  There are closer pictures below.  


I punched two ovals using two different papers and then popped them up using some extra high dimensionals to create some space.  I then threaded my ribbon through and around the back through a slot on the side which I made larger using my slot punch.  I made the 3.5" birthday card the same way, except I connected them in the center of the ovals with no tie.  The card on the left was made using one of the stamps in the set which really mimics the pattern I chose from Basic Grey.  In order to not make this card so busy was to create the bg using this stamp for the pattern.  I then punched out 1/4" circles to be placed all around my scallop oval for some extra design.  This card opens at the bottom with a scallop edge to the right.  The open space is taken by some ribbon.   Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!!

Materials Used:
Stamps: Papertrey, Urban Designs by Alli Miles
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Grey Boxer, Old Olive
Ink: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke,  Old Olive, White Gel Pen
Accessories: Ribbon, Marvy Mega Scallop punch. 1/4" Circle Punch, small hand punch, slot punch, scallop scissors

My Month Blogaversary is coming up soon!! Stay tuned for some candy!!

4 comments:

  1. Deb the watch looks awesome. She is going to love it! Stac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards turned out so pretty I just love em. But the watch, wow girl its awesome....

    Billie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWSERS!! The watch is so pretty!! I love pink and black together!
    And your cards are just awesome! Beautifully done, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your jewelry is just fabulous, Deborah. You are making me want to start another hobby, but my DH would divorce me for sure:)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!