Friday, May 9, 2008

Arlington, TX. Swap Photos and a Get Well Sketch

ARLINGTON, TX. SWAP PHOTOS!

Many of you know that this past weekend was the Arlington, TX. shoebox swap.  Carolyn and I flew up to Dallas and had a blast! We got to meet so many wonderful people and actually see faces to the names we know so well!  Despite the kinks we ran into just to get there, it was all worth it! I must take this time to once again thank my DH for coming in for the weekend to watch our kids just so that Carolyn and I could attend this swap... I know it was not fun with all the flight delays! Love you!!  (In case you don't know, we are a military family, so currently my dh is stationed away from the family, but comes home when he can.)  And to Carolyn's DH... Thank you for being Mr. Mom to 5 kids (2 are mine) while waiting for MY dh to come and get them!! Hugs to you both!

Me, Carolyn (Cammie), and Laura (Lov'n Life n Vegas)
Laura was kind enough to get me some coffee at the nearest Starbucks, but ended up spilling some other drinks on her pants!! I owe you Laura!! Thank you!! : )

Hmmm.... can you guess who this may be?

Laura (lov'n life n vegas) and Me

Shannan (stuebner), Kim (The MFT Lady), and Alma (Alma d.) owner of The Cats Pajamas

Me and Susie (Susiestampsalot)
Now here is a girl who can put a smile on your face!! 


Melanie Muenchinger (melmel) 



MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge


Here is a card for the My Favorite Things weekly sketch on SCS.  One type of card I never really have on hand is a Get Well.  It kind of falls into the same category of keeping sympathy cards at arms reach.  You just don't want to think you will have to use them-for anyone!   BUT! keeping with my self- challenge of using what I have or am hoarding, I have decided to pull out one of my must have sets from My Favorite Things-Rain or Shine.  It also just happens to fit this sketch so well.  Whenever I see this image, I instantly have the need to paper piece it.  It is just perfect for that.  Which is exactly what I did! I paper pieced her dress and the dogs sweater.  I colored in the remainder of the image with a mixture of Copics, Prismamarkers, and SU! Markers.  Popped up the image and sentiment with diamensionals and added ribbon.  Now, if only we can get some of that rain here at home... Thanks for taking a peek! 

Materials used:
Paper: Basic Grey-Lily Kate,  Pale Plum, Very Vanilla
Stamps: My Favorite Things-Rain or Shine
Ink: Brillance Graphite Black, Prismamarkers, Copics, Pale Plum , Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Paper Studio scallop punch, SU! Ribbon, 1 1/4" Round punch, diamensionals
Technique: Paper Piecing


3 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! Love it! Love the colors. Copic, heard of them...have not used them. I am trying to get technique for color pencils and mineral spirits down right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card, DEB....love it...beautifully done.

    I am not even gonna comment on the rear picture---I will get you back though!!! Sleep lightly (eheeheee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....after reading the comment above I will guess who's butt that is....and then your giving blog candy RIGHT!!!!
    Hee hee your funny

    Your blog looks great and your so lucky to be able to figure out the "blogging world"
    I love the scalloped card so cute and I really loved your NO stamp card too.

    Billie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!