Monday, May 12, 2008

Fathers Masterpiece



Today is a busy day for me as I have company coming in, so I don't think I will be able to get any stamping in today. But I do have two cards I made yesterday using my new Papertrey set called Father Knows Best.  It has been sitting a bit neglected on my table that I just had to use it.  For Father's Ties, I used the coordinating dp to cut out some ties and make a very simple card.  I then took some remaining dp and placed some strips with brads below it.  I double stamped the sentiment using the coordinating color of Summer Sunrise and topped it off with Creamy Caramel.  

Materials used: Papertrey Ink-Father Knows Best, Papertrey Ink-Summer Sunrise, Papertrey Ink-Coordinating dp, Close to Cocoa, Antique brads




For this card, Father's Masterpiece, I used the tree in the set, inking it with both coordinating colors and then used the individual leaf to cut out pieces to pop off the tree.  The trunk was stamped in Creamy Caramel on white and then stamped on the coordinating dp, cut out, and popped up on diamensionals. I stamped the leaves with Lemon Tart and then stamped the outline in Summer Sunrise.  I then took the individual leaf and stamped in both Summer Sunrise and Lemon Tart and then stamped the coordinating dotted outline in Creamy Caramel.  I then cut the leaves and popped them up on the main tree.  I used my decorative scissors to cut the bottom of the dp background and the Papertrey Coordinating ribbon as a finishing touch.  The sentiment is stamped in both Creamy Caramel and Summer Sunrise and popped up.   
Thanks for taking a peek!

Materials Used: Papertrey Ink-Father Knows Best and Papertrey Ink's Coordinating dp and color match cs, White and Creamy Caramel.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome cards! Love those colors! I've wanted to get a PTI set, but can never decide which! I know they have new ones coming out in a few days, so maybe there'll be one that I just "have" to have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cool cards!! FANTASTIC paper piecing!!

    You are too smart to get a jump on Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome use of that set--i love it with the paper too!!! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your are such an enabler! Now I am going to have to get this set. I will send you the bill:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!