Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gone to the Dogs!

Happy Tuesday!! It is back to the daily grind, but I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day Weekend, enjoying it with family and/or friends... or maybe even by yourself stamping!! : )  However way you chose to spend it, I hope you stopped to remember our service men and women who sacrificed so much in order to allow for continued freedom.  For me, 5 years ago on Memorial Day, my dh and I lost a good friend.  I can't help but always remember him and others.  Without going into detail, it could have been my husband, but a twist of fate allowed him to remain safe. Instead, we lost a good friend.  God Bless our troops!
____________________________________________________________________

On a lighter note, todays card was made using the Color Challenge, which was Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, and Sage Shadow.  I combined that with the MFT sketch challenge for the week.  I used a MFT set called Gone to the Dogs.  It is a great set for all you dog lovers out there as it has quite a nice variety of breeds in this set.  My dog is a Border Collie mix, but this sketch did not allow for me to use that stamp! He was a little too big for the circle!  I think my dog will be ok with that! The main image and the dog needed to be reversed in order for this sketch to work. I could have reversed it all, but I wanted to try something different and something I have never done.  I stamped the image on some transparency and then "stamped" the paper with that transparency.  It worked out pretty good.  I then paper pieced her dress with the plaid paper I used in the background.  I then colored in the images using Prismacolor Markers and Copics.  The ground was sponged in using Creamy Caramel and Sahara Sand.  For the strip down the side, I was inspired by that plaid paper to do some weaving.  Of course, it would have been better if I placed a strip behind it!  I cut thin strips to weave and mimic the paper.  The sentiment is from another MFT set called By the Seashore.  The images and sentiment are on dimensionals and the lease was made using some Scrappers Floss.  Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! 

Materials Used:
Stamps: MFT
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very vanilla, Basic Grey-Archaic, Scrap Pack
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, Prismamarkers, Copics, Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Transparency, Dimensionals, Scrappers Floss, Slit Punch, Sponge dauber, circle punches

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your friend, and so grateful for all our service men and women do to protect our freedom.

    When I first looked at your card, I thought, "How is that image reversed?" You did a great job with that. Love that paper!

    Have a great day!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Deb. Great paper piecing. Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE how you reversed the image---wonderful job with this set!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!