Monday, June 2, 2008

A story and finally a creation!

Sorry it has been a quiet weekend.  It didn't start off the way I would have liked, but it ended up having a good outcome.  Saturday morning, one of my sons got up early... really early.  I am very blessed to have children who like to sleep, but for some reason, my eyelids that day set off a buzzer to Twin A alerting him that I was awake as well.  I awoke at the crack of dawn refreshed from not having one single child in my bed by morning! I decided to just enjoy the peace and quiet in my  bed and contemplating whether to get up and make coffee. That is when the buzzer went off and my thoughts interrupted... So, after hearing my son, I decided to get up and make that coffee.  I am not a morning person by any means until I have had a few sips of my morning coffee.  That is all I had taken when my son decided he wanted to show me in excitement on the computer screen something he knew from school.  Arm goes out... I see coffee cup teeter... some coffee spilling on keyboard.... The end.  Yup!  Now, he didn't spill my entire cup of coffee on the keyboard, but enough to fry it completely.  It was not even 8AM yet...  I just sigh and realize that it was going to be a long day.  And it was... BUT! I have a new keyboard that I LOVE and it is only a 1/4" thick and quiet as a mouse!! (I have an Apple, so if you have seen these keyboards, you know what I am talking about!)  I hope you all had a better start of the weekend than I!    

I did not get a chance to participate in todays challenge on SCS, but I did finally make my FIL's birthday card.  He is an avid fisherman and loves to take my boys fishing, so I decided to make a card using Fishy Friends of the big and small fish.  Because I have twins, I masked over one small fish to create the second kissing fish.  I also got to play with my new Pearlescence by Yasutomo. Think of Twinkling H2O's in a palette form. Talk about the bargain of the century!! I jumped on this bandwagon as soon as Kim from MFT posted them in her store.  I believe she is currently out of stock, but should be getting more in.  21 colors for only $5.95!! I am all about a good bargain!  Anyway, I LOVE them and the sparkle it gives!  You cannot tell by this picture, but they give excellent sparkle, translucency, and deeper color if you so choose.  As soon as MFT get more in stock, head on over and pick some up!  I don't think you will be disappointed, but if you are, at least you didn't spend a fortune to find out you don't like it! : )  So for this card, I colored the stamped images with my Prismacolor markers and went over it with different color pearlescence.  I then used my Cuttlebug for the background bubbles and went over that with the pearlescence.  It is a very shimmery card, but not too sparkly for a man.  I added some ribbon, a sentiment and corners using my square punches, and I was done.  I think he will like this... but then again, it has fish and something to do with my sons.  He will love it!!  Thanks for letting chew your ear today and taking a peek at todays creation! 

Materials used:
Yo Yo Yellow, scrap orange, Tempting Turqouise, white, Prismamarkers, Pearlescence, Cuttlebug, Bubble ef, Palette Noir, Waterbrush, brads, square punch, circle punch, Fishy Friends,  A little birthday cheer, ribbon



3 comments:

  1. Totally cute! YOu know I am casing this one! Love it! Stac

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUPER cute!! I love the bright colors and the CB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA - new keyboard thanks to A or T! In the end, it was a good thing you had that nice big full cup of Joe nearby! HAHAHAA! Next time, you can create a card which depicts getting up to peace, then chaos, then peace again when problem is solved! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!