Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Button Up! It's Cold Outside... Timeless Tuesday 253



Welcome to another fun and fabulous Timeless Tuesday Challenge!  Lately, most of us were affected by that artic front that seemed to have kept us cozy inside.  This weeks challenge is hosted by Jenny and we are going back outside! The challenge is to make a winter card or project and use at least one button as an embellishment.





I had to put myself in rewind, as I am looking forward to the sun and warmth.  But, I pulled out the fun and beautiful set of Snow Scenes to create a tag.


I cut out a rectangular piece from Flourishes classic white cardstock and used my CB bubbles folder to emboss a scrap piece of white to use as my snowdrifts.  I used my Copics to color in the sky and used pop ups to create a bit of a 3-D tag.  The images were cut on my Silhouette using the available Silhouette files before stamping them with Memento inks.  I used my Copic White Opaque ink to dot in some snow on the trees and added some Stickles to the edges.  I then used some glue to add some glass flakes to look icy.  The snow drifts also had some flakes after using some Smooches along the edge. Here is a closer look:


The tag was finished with a wooden button, jute twine, ribbon, and the sentiment stamped and made into a pop up banner. This should make a for a fun tag to attach to a gift of thanks for someone!

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to check out the other cool and wonderful creations of the Timeless Tuesday Team.

  • Allison Cope
  • Cheryl Lea
  • Deborah Anton
  • Jenny Gropp
  • Katie Sims

  • post signature

    5 comments:

    1. mmmmmm. love this! love the glitter on the trees and the lovely deer stamp set.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Deborah,
      What a pretty tag. Love the eb folder you used for the snow.

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is one of the prettiest tags ever! I love the frosty look you gave to it, your embossed snowbanks, and your stamped images are perfect! What an awesome project this week, Deborah! Yep.....you buttoned up in style! ;)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Deborah, your 3-D snow scene on this tag is stunning! I love how you used the different size trees to add perspective to the scene and your "icy snow" on the trees and snow are beautiful. I need to look at my embossing folders again. I'd never have thought to use Bubbles for snow, but it is perfect!

      ReplyDelete
    5. WHAT A PRETTY TAG DEBORAH!!!!!!!!!!! :) I THINK this is a set I "need" to get!!! LOL I've seen SOOOO MANY designs with this stamp!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE all the layers & just the scene!!! It looks like my "neighborhood!" :)

      ReplyDelete

    I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!