Friday, January 25, 2013

Clear Pillow Boxes-SRM

TGIF!

It's been a good morning so far as this winter storm that rolled in last night has caused for a school cancellation.  I normally wouldn't be so happy about that because there have been worse storms to cancel for, but I am needing some time to get caught up! : ) My husband is getting promoted in a week and I have been busy planning his reception and making things us crafty gals like to do.  The military does not give you a lot of time to plan from when you are told you will be promoted, so it has been gangbusters the last 2 weeks!  In this case of being crafty, one of the things I have been busy doing are some favors I will be putting out. 



I just love mini pillow boxes.  They make for simple favors you can decorate any way you please.  These boxes are from SRM Stickers.  They carry 3 sizes of these heavy mil pillow boxes.  Think of the possibilities you can do with them? In addition, SRM's stickers are clear and forgiving when you use them to decorate the boxes.  The stickers come off clean if you make a mistake or want to change what you have done.  How great is that?

 For these favors, I filled them with red, white, and blue Jelly Belly's and used SRM's We've Got Your Borders patriotic stickers and Stitches, as well as Stickers by the Dozen Patriotic.  I had played around with covering the center with some dp and such, but I really liked the clear look with the stickers and beans to be the focal point.  I made a sign using a clothes pin that will clip to the back that says, "Thank you for sharing our special day with us."  I used some star dp, the flag sticker, and a border sticker to tie it all in.

On another note, I do have some exciting news coming soon so stay tuned! I just can't spill the beans yet! : ) Thanks for stopping by and hope you all have a warm and dry day!

2 comments:

  1. Big congrats to DH! I am sure you are both excited, what fancy dress do you get to wear to this one? hee hee These favors are darling! Clever girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your hubby's promotion! Fabulous little boxes.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!