Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Merry Fishmas!

Happy hump day!

I had an opportunity to play with The Cat's Pajamas Slider die set to make this fun interactive Christmas card for my father in law using the Best Fishes set.  I think this set is so much fun and great for the fisherman in your life.  The sentiment is perfect and I can't wait to send it to him. 


As you can see, I fussy cut the fish away from the image to create as if he is catching it.  Here is when it is pulled up:



I started with a heavy weight cardstock base and some patterned paper from Lawn Fawn's Snowy Day collection.  I stamped the image on another piece of cardstock to be cut out and paper pieced his scarf with some coordinating patterned paper.  The card was finished with some bling, button, twine, and some box pleated ribbon.  For some additional sparkly, I colored the fish with some Wink of Stella in clear.

This turned out better than I thought it might, so I have to say I am pleased.  Things in my head don't necessarily play out well on paper. :)  Thanks so much for popping in and have a great Wednesday!
 photo Siggy.png

2 comments:

  1. Perfect set for the slider and you executed it wonderfully. I'm sure your father-in-law loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the sliding fish. Gorgeous colors. Congrats on making Swanky Stamper!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!