Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Time For Stitches - Timeless Tuesday 249


Welcome back to another fun and fabulous Timeless Tuesday challenge! Can you believe it is December already?  It's hard to think that 2014 is just upon us ready for some new year resolutions. :)



This month, we have some guest designers joining us to share some challenges with you and play in on the fun.  Today is our first guest designer -   Kerin Sylvester! Welcome Kerin! So, what does she have in store for you for a challenge? Stitches!



I love sewing on cards, but I will admit I am not very good at it.  I will just blame my machine though... hahaha! Some classes or lessons are certainly needed I think.  So if you don't look too closely, this creation should pass the challenge. For my card, I used this months new release of Friendship & Flowers.


I also used last weeks Freshly Made Sketch for  my layout.  Wanting the flower to be the center of attention, I stamped the image on some Flourishes Classic Cardstock in Ivory with Memento Black ink and colored it in with the following Copic colors: R21, R22, R24 and


The image was fussy cut out and popped up over the Flourishes Classic black cardstock which I sewed around the edges and sewed through the strips of patterned paper from Anna Griffins Yuletide Greetings collection.  I then stamped and colored in the butterfly to be popped up as well after stamping the sentiment with Versamark ink and using my detail white embossing powder to be heated and embossed.  The card was finished off with some pale green and pink pearls.  I really like the striking colors against the black and felt it made this flower pop.

Thanks so much for stopping in! Be sure to check out the other beautiful designs made from the Timeless Tuesday team.

  • Allison Cope
  • Cheryl Lea
  • Deborah Anton
  • Jenny Gropp
  • Katie Sims
  • Kerin Sylvester, our December guest designer

  • post signature

    9 comments:

    1. Really enjoyed reading about your stitching - LOL. Me, too. Yours turned out so striking and pretty!!! Great sentiment, really touched me. Lovely colors, bold and strong ♥

      ReplyDelete
    2. PRETTY!!!!!! :) THIS is one of those sets Santa has in his bag for me!:) CAN'T WAIT to play with this one!!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hmmm, we must have both bought faulty machines because mine acts up too haha! I think your card is awesome, especially the coloring on that gorgeous flower!

      ReplyDelete
    4. This is a beauty, Deborah! The dainty flower is really stunning against the black. Great job on the embossing, too. I have seriously got to get some fine embossing powder!!! :) BTW, it might not look like we channeled each other this week, but we did...I actually had these exact stamps colored and ready for a card, and at the last minute decided I better make a Christmas card, instead!

      ReplyDelete
    5. It's gorgeous Deborah! I love the strips of stitched patterned papers and your flower is super cute! What a fabulous card and a great use of the challenge too!

      ReplyDelete
    6. WOW, this totally POPS off that black background! Loving those small little random pearls!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Love how you made the flower stand out on your gorgeous card!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Beautiful job. I love how the flower looks like it is listening.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Love your perfectly colored bloom and embossed sentiment...it is soooo striking against the black! What a beauty!

      ReplyDelete

    I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!