Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bring Some Vellum Joy! Timeless Tuesday 251

 

Welcome friends to this weeks Timeless Tuesday challenge!




We have another Guest Designer this week - Greta Hess!  Greta is challenging to whip out an old favorite to be used on your card or project... Vellum! 



Vellum has many uses and I always love the look it gives to soften an image or look of a card. I thought it would be fun and nice to used last months release of Handmade Snowflakes to be the focal of the vellum.


I used some blue cardstocks from the Color Made Easy collection of True Blues and some basic white.  The white panel in the center was used to stamp the different snowflakes throughout using various hues of blue Memento ink in Danube Blue, Summer Sky, and Nautical Blue.  I then layered some vellum over that and secured it with some metal brads.  Some sheer and stitched ribbon was added along with a mini metal tag, which was photographed terribly! The tag says Happy Holiday and it almost looks greenish yellow. I stamped directly onto the vellum with some Staz On ink the sentiment and finished it with a few rhinestones to complete the look. 

We hope you join us for this fun challenge but not before you head off to check out the other fabulous creations made by the Timeless Tuesday Team!

  • Allison Cope
  • Cheryl Lea
  • Deborah Anton
  • Jenny Gropp
  • Katie Sims
  • Greta Hess, this week’s guest designer




  • post signature

    9 comments:

    1. I love blue & white & snowflakes & your gorgeous card showing how beautiful the effect of vellum can be!

      ReplyDelete
    2. HA! We did it again! Same stamp set, even the same sentiment! :) Your card is gorgeous! I love how you softened up the blue snowflakes with the vellum, and the silver charm and pearls are beautiful.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wow Deb is gorgeous!!! I love the way the vellum softens everything. I love the use of all the shades of blue and your pretty silver accents - so beautifully done! Great job on the challenge this week!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Nice! I like the blue snowflakes with the vellum as well. I hope you can post a step by step producer on how to do it. Great art work!

      Military wives

      ReplyDelete
    5. HOW LOVELY!!!!!!!!!! PERFECTLY DONE DEBORAH!!!!!!!! :) LOOOOOOOOVE those SNOWFLAKES!!!!:)

      ReplyDelete
    6. There's so much depth to this with the different colors of snowflakes, love the softness the vellum adds to your pretty card! Merry Merry!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Such a beautiful card. I love how you have layered the vellum - it looks almost like I'm looking at the image through ice. Spectacular!!

      ReplyDelete
    8. So beautiful and elegant, Deborah!!
      I love the blue!!

      ReplyDelete

    I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!