Sunday, December 22, 2013

And The Stockings Were Hung...

Wow!

Just a few more days until Christmas... are you all done with your shopping? I am pleased to say that I am and at my in-laws house in warm, sunny Florida to enjoy the holidays.  For those of you in the path of these storms headed in your direction, and plan on traveling, I wish you all safe travels.  Nothing like a storm before Christmas.

I wanted to share with you a card made with Hambo Stamps Fireplace Stockings


For this card, I tried to combine many pattern papers together. Well, 4 to be exact. Have you ever combined many patterns together and achieve the perfect design mix? While this is not my forte, I wanted to give it a shot and make it somewhat clean to not take away from the image.  I have a hard time mixing many patterns, as I feel it looks too busy. :)  I am sure I need to think outside the box, but this one box I am having a difficult time with.  I colored the image in with Copics and added some Fun Flock to the stocking in both red and white.  That always reminds me of the old fashioned basic stocking we had as kids and used glue and glitter to write our names on it.  Here is a closer look at the flock - and no, not geese! LOL! I crack myself up sometimes... 



The image was layered over my nestie label and more patterned paper added to that.  The patterned paper used is by Lilly Bee Design.  The image was then popped up.  I completed the card using some iridescent cording along with a light green button.

A super fun image with many possibilities to create a fun scene.  Thanks for stopping in today and I wish you all a wonderful holiday! It may be a little quiet around here, with just a few sporadic posts, but I will be back after the New Year.

post signature

1 comment:

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!