Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Some Published Cards... Sort of...

Hello everyone!
As most of you know, Paper Crafts Magazine decided last month to close its doors and make this months issue the last.  And if you are like the rest of us, we are quite bummed to see them go in an industry that is forever changing. I don't know about you, but I really thought PC would be the last man standing! :)  Years ago, I tried to get published in this magazine and never made it through.  I was frustrated and didn't do it again for a while.  I decided to go for it again for this particular call and you can only imagine my excitement when a yes came through!  It was short lived, but just knowing they liked what they saw is humbling enough. So- I thought I would share with you two cards that were recently selected for publication before the announcement was made.  Thank you to PC Magazine for considering my two cards, I am flattered!

First up... Missing you.



This slider card was made using Lawn Fawn's fun set of Wish You Were Here and the coordinating die set.  My idea was to make the interactive card be so the heart would end up on the other side of the US.  If  you look really close, you will notice that it starts in VA (where I live) and ends in Southern CA. (Where I'm from!) :)

Here it is open:


Isn't it fun?  I really enjoyed making this card and was thrilled that it was picked up by PC Magazine.

My second card was using some dry embossing.  I got a little creative with this embossing folder to give it the layered look of various colors. 

Simply The Best:



This card was a CAS look as well using Avery Elle's set of Handwritten Notes.  Love this set! I started by embossing the white panel a little more than halfway up and then taking a few scraps I had in a nice color palette and embossed those.  I then fussy cut each row to have it fit on top of the white embossed row.  The sentiment was stamped directly onto the card and the look was completed by a row of rhinestones, a button, and some twine. 

There it is! My two almost published cards... I hope you enjoyed them and thanks for popping in.  Have a great Tuesday!
 photo Siggy.png

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! That slider card is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer! I didn't know that they were shutting down! Congrats on being almost published anyway. Both cards are awesome. I especially like the slider card. It's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Deborah. These cards are AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!