Friday, November 5, 2010

Accordian to me...

TGIF!

I hope you all are gearing up for a great weekend- I know I am! The family and I are going to explore a little more of NC heading up to the mountains to hopefully see some beautiful changing of the leaves.  It may be late for the peak time, but there is still plenty more to see!

Today I want to share with you a mini accordian file that I case'd from Maria Bell on her blog.  I altered the size to fit what I wanted and add a couple of things to it.  I have been needing something to hold coupons, reciepts, and odd-n-ends that keep piling up in my pockets of my purse.  I knew what I wanted but wasn't sure how I wanted it. Maria had just the ticket and I adjusted the measurements to to fit my needs.  The best part is how EASY it is to make!  Here is the front:


For this, I used some beautiful white embossed paper by Paper Studio that I had and just sponged a little color onto the flowers for a pop of color.  I wanted to keep this very simple with not a lot going on since this was going to be something that will be in my purse.  The embossed paper covered some light chipboard which made the front and back of the file and I completed the closure by doing the same thing, although covering cardstock.  The closure on Maria's blog tucks into the file, but I chose to use some velcro instead.



Here is the inside.  Again, Maria used #10 envelopes cut in half, while I used some 4 Bar envelopes to make this entire file smaller.    Now, I wanted to add some paper and a pen holder as those are some things I always need handy. (My memory is not as sharp as it used to be! Kids will do that to you!)



I added some ribbon for a pen holder to accomodate a mini pen which you can find everywhere these days.  I made the size to accomodate the fatter barrel pens such as RSVP's or something comparable.  The paper is some post it notes which I cut in half to fit perfectly into this space.  It is not a complete pad of Post its, but maybe an 1/8th of it.  I secured it with some removable double sided tape.   I finshed the project off by adding some tabs which I punched out using my SU! Tab punch and I will label them later. After I organize a bit!

This was a fun project to do and I hope you enjoyed it!!! Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek and I hope you have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute, would come in handy, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...that is so cool Deb! Looks complicated to make but i love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!