Monday, September 9, 2013

Give Thanks - Page Maps

Happy Monday! (Yawn...) I know it is a Monday, but I can't complain too much.  I spent the entire weekend relaxing and getting caught up while nursing this cold I have had for over a week.  I am finally starting to feel human once again.  Amazing what rest and relaxation can do! :)

I was asked to Guest Design for Becky Fleck's Card Maps this quarter and I most definitely did not turn that down.  She and her site are amazing.  I recreated the sketch in an actual 5x7 card which at first seems so big.  But then, when you think about the average card you purchase in a store, it is that size.  You just get so used to seeing a card made in the usual A4 size.



 
 

For my card, I used Flourishes Augusts release of Autumn Blessings.  I colored in the image with Copics and fussy cut around it to be popped on the "tickets."  The tickets were made with my perforated Cutter Bee scorer and my ScorePal and a 1/4" circle punch used to make the half circle cuts.  I then stamped the sentiment on that and layered it over a fishtail banner.  I used Spellbinders decorative motif dies for the square panels.  The dp is MME with the base being Flourishes Classic Cardstock in Ivory, and the ribbon is an old SU! stash I had.  I finished off the card by adding some Prima pearls and a few singles as well on top.

It's hard to believe that fall is just around the corner, but I will take it.  It means another season closer to my husband coming home and just a month away from him coming home for R&R!! We are very excited for that! Oh yes! and of course it means the best weather too! :) 

Thanks for popping and be sure to check out the other fun creations at Card Maps!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!