Monday, September 23, 2013

Country Christmas

Hope you all had a great weekend and had wonderful Fall weather like we did here in Tennessee! The first day of Fall actually felt like Fall! Yay!

I wanted to share with you a Christmas card made with one of this months Flourishes release called Country Time Christmas.  It is such a beautiful set and I was anxious to ink it up and make a masculine card with it.  You can use this set to make it non-masculine too! 



I used this sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch.


I colored in the image with Copics and dotted the background and ground for a softer feel.  I really felt this image needed some snow or at least a cooler feel that I used my embossing stylus and Copic Opaque White ink to dot in some snow on the image and along the ground.   I also concentrated a bit on the bare branches of the trees to collect some snow in the grooves of the branches.  I don't use my opaque white very often, but I like how this image turned out with it.  I finished the inside stamping the tree from the same main image and using some of the stars as well.


The patterned paper used is an oldie from my stash- Cosmo Crickets Wonderland.  I always like that collection for a non-traditional holiday feel on the cards.  Thanks for stopping by! You are always appreciated! Have a great Monday!

post signature

1 comment:

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!