Wednesday, September 5, 2012

At our age...

Isn't that an open and loaded sentence? :) It's Wednesday already and I'm still working a day behind! Sorry for the small absence... We had company in town from Tuesday of last week until yesterday. But it was so great to have a full house with laughter, conversations, and smiles! So, for me, the completion of that sentence is this weeks Hambo Hoedown Challenge card created with this weeks image of Painter Mouse.




Yes ladies... Isn't that right? Make up application is just a little more involved than about 20 years ago. Lol! I wish I just had a peel on and off mask. That would be nice..

The challenge is to use paint splatters either by making it, paper, or any other creative way you can come up with. I used some paint and a straw to blow splatters onto some paper to make the background. I really like how it turned out- especially for something I haven't done since probably elementary school! The image was colored using Copics and cutout with my Spellbinder dies. I finished it off using some twine from Queen and Co and some self adhesive colored dots from Sei. Super fun and colorful!

We hope you are able to play along in the pigpen this week and if you do, don't forget to link it up on the challenge blog! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! You need to make the pic bigger so I can see it tho! (loosing my vision!) LOVE the fun paint splatters!!! (Hopefully you didn't suck IN when you were doing this---could explain the loss of appetite!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! You need to make the pic bigger so I can see it tho! (loosing my vision!) LOVE the fun paint splatters!!! (Hopefully you didn't suck IN when you were doing this---could explain the loss of appetite!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you put splatters on his overalls Deborah and awesome bg.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!