Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Catching Butterflies

The weather outside is certainly perfect for catching some butterflies, although I have never done it! I assume I will be just like my card here, lots of running but no catch! Lol! I'm graceful like that....
Anyway... It's Wednesday and it's time to Hoedown!

The challenge is to make a card using flowers. When I received my image, I instantly knew I wanted to create a scene with him. I colored Henry (I named him) hee! With Copics and cut him out. The image stops with the butterfly, but this sentiment was positioned just right to where I could add my dots of flying from the butterfly to the sentiment to keep it as one. I cut out the grass with my MFT die-namics grass die. I then used my Cats Pajamas cloud border die for the clouds. I finished off the card by popping up Henry and one cloud and adding some mini Primas to the grass. The center of the flowers is liquid pearls; something that I haven't used in a long time! We hope you play along to give those Hambo images a run for their money!
Hambo Stamps is having a customer Blog Hop!
The theme is “Channel Surfing.” Using any Hambo image, either rubber or digital, create a project that represents and depicts a TV SHOW title! Maybe it’s your favorite program, or maybe it’s one that you don’t even like! Whatever it is, we want to see your TV Show creations!
The hop is scheduled for Friday, May 18, and is set to go live at 7:00 AM CST. All blog hop posts must stay at the top of the page for that whole day. A prize will be awarded to the customer whose TV-themed creation tickles the Bacon Bits’ fancy in a hammin’ jammin’ way! The winner will be announced on the Hoedown blog, as well as on the Hambo blog on Wednesday, May 23.
If you are interested in participating, please email Judy at hambodesignteam@gmail.com by 11:00 PM CST on Friday, May11. Sample blog copy for the hop will be available after you sign up, if you desire to use it.
Come channel surf with us and don't miss out on some great "shows!"
Thanks so much for stopping by today? Your comments are appreciated and be sure to see what the other Bacon Bits came up with! Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. this is so cute! i will have to show lauren. We were catching butterflies the other day and she actually caught one. (took me about 15 minutes to convince her that he would NOT like to live in a box with holes in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah...I LOVE your card!!!. Those soft colours and those clouds and the grass. I love those dies!!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!