Tuesday, April 26, 2016

New Release and Blog Hop - The Cat's Pajamas Stamps


It's release day at The Cat's Pajamas Stamps! By now, I am sure you all have your lists ready for all the stamps you are ready to purchase.  Keep in mind that with your $65 purchase, you will get the Sending Cut Up for FREE!



As with every release, we have a blog hop to celebrate and we are kicking it off on JULIE'S Blog, so be sure to start there.  With this hop, we also have the first day of our Flowers  challenge.




For my card today I am sharing with you one that I used the new Sketchy Flowers set for. This set is perfect for water coloring, so I couldn't resist making a card using water colors.


I started the base using some Canson watercolor paper.  I then used my distress inks on an acrylic block to be mixed with my brush saturated with water to run over the entire panel.  I quickly dried it with my heat gun before stamping the flowers. For that, I brush water over the stamp before stamping my distress ink pad around the petals and used my distress stains to dab the center of the flower and then stamp onto the panel.  Again, quickly heat dried it before I sprayed it with white picket fence distress inks and dropping a few drops of water onto it.  Using the new 'Sending' cut up, I started with that for the sentiment and stamped the sunshine directly onto the panel. It was then finished with some pearls for a little bling.

Next stop:  Sandy's Blog. Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great Tuesday!


 photo Siggy 2.png

11 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed seeing all these cards. This flower set is quite versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see the next hop link. Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Deborah, this is beautiful, and I love the flowers at the bottom with the sentiment taking front stage! Beautifully done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card!! Great job describing how you created the card. I really love the watercolor effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Love the technique you used for the background and especially the flowers. Will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love that pretty color combo! Beautiful sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right. That set is perfect for watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spotty background and the water-coloring. Lovely

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!