Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pin-terested?

Hee hee... I don't know why that title makes me laugh but it did! This has nothing to do with Pinterest, unless you want to pin my project, but I am going to show you a pin cushion I made with a left over spice jar from Ikea I had when I was putting my craft room together.


I bought some quarter fabric and flat filling to create this topper.  I measured out the width of my top and used a coordinating Nestie die size to cut out about 10 circles for the cushion.  From there, I cut out my fabric to cover over the filling and hand sewed all around to secure it.  I then cut out a piece of scrap chipboard and liquid stitched it to the back of my cushion.  For the sideds, I cut out the right size in order for it to wrap around times two because I was folding that in half.  I then cut my fabric in order to wrap around that and used my sewing machine to stitch down the middle where my sides met and along the edges.  Fold it in half and stitch a few areas to keep it together.  I used some of MFT felt and decorative scissors to cut a scalloped edge to be hand stitched along the fold. I then used both E6000 and Liquid Stitch for the following: I used E6000 to secure the cushion to the top and liquid stitch to the  sides.  I let that set for a while and then hand stitched everything together to secure.  I finished it off with more MFT felt and die-namics for the flower to cover my seams.  This is perfect to hold your pins or corsage pins in!


I also got some new goodies in the mail the other day and thought I would play around with them.   One of the items I got was a book of vintage ATC size images of vintage Spring by Leisure Arts.  One of the images was this really cute St. Patricks Day image.


I made the card with my Fleur de Leis Spellbinders nestie and layered it with some creme cardstock.  I really didn't want to take away from the image so I only added some satin ribbon and self adhesive pearls to.  I used my corner rounder for the corners. Easy peasy!!

That's about it for me today!! I hope you have a great day and thank you for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!