Wednesday, January 23, 2019

January Release Catch Up - Your Next Stamp

Happy Wednesday!

It's hard to believe January is almost done and the holiday hoopla came and went like a city bus on the run. As the month kicked off the new year, Your Next Stamp has the first release of the year. Were you able to catch it?  Well, if not, here is your chance to catch a peek at a few of the new sets.  I was out of town and unable to participate in the release, so today we are doing a DT catch up. 

My first card is using the fun set of Many Thanks.  This is a great set to send a quick thank you note or to tuck away a quick thinking of you card for someone special.


I decided to use this set as a focal point with a few pops of color to offset the base color.  I first masked off the center circle and stamped the florals throughout.  I then colored in the flowers using my Copics and cut a circle to match the masked circle for it to be popped up.  The rest of the sentiment was stamped directly onto the layer and finished with some highlighting coloring of yellow around the flowers and some sparkle using my Wink of Stella pen.

This second card, I am using the set of uber adorable set of Purrr-fect Friends. Cuteness overload on this one!


For this card, I used my Distress Stains for the sky and ground before adding the cut out image, colored with Copics,  to the scene.  Using additional Copics, I added a few grass specks to the ground and finished the card by cutting out a cloud using the Stitched Cloud die and stamping both the sentiment and the mini hearts directly onto the layer.

And finally, for my final share, this card was made using some watercolor paper and some Distress Inks to create the background.  This set is called Cocoa for You.


I realized that I took this picture showing the incorrect stamp set, so I apologize!

For the background, I used the new patterned paper collection of Perfect Blend to create an off center look.  the watercolor paper was added to the top of that before the cut out image was popped up.  The image was colored with Copics.  I added the sentiment directly to the top layer and finished the card with a few new Perfect Blend gumdrops.

So there you have it! A quick catch up to some of the new sets released from Your Next Stamp.  You can catch all of the new releases here and if you need more inspiration, check out the YNS Blog for a few more looks the other DT members created!

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!