Friday, November 24, 2017

Fa la la la la - Your Next Stamp Friday Challenge

Happy Black Friday/After Thanksgiving!

I hope you and your family had a nice holiday if you are in the US, and now ready to gear up for Christmas.  Christmas... I just can't believe that it's here.  This year has certainly flown by and shortly after unwrapping presents, you will be ringing in the New Year.  But enough about what is surprising me and let's talk about this week's YNS challenge.  There is a new sketch and color challenge up! For my creation, you will notice that it is not a sketch followed or even the color patterned followed.  That is because I had this technique I wanted to try that I completely forgot to follow the guidelines.  I really hate when I do that.  Not to mention that I then left out of town for the holiday, so I couldn't even fix it.  So, I hope you enjoy it anyway and you can think that perhaps I was just making my own rendition of the sketch. : )


This technique is one that Jennifer McGuire recently posted about using your dies to create a makeshift letterpress.  You can find Jennifer's video here.  Using the Scribble Tree die and the Drink Tag die, I made this "letterpressed" wine bib which I feel came out pretty great.  This technique works like a charm.  I heat embossed the sentiment at the top from the Merry Everything set before adding a few sequins to it for added sparkle. A simple tag but one you can make multiple times for easy gift giving.  I really enjoyed this technique and I am sure I will be doing this often. I love the look of letterpress so it's great to have a technique to mimic the look. 



While you are over at the YNS Blog, check out the store because Karen has a fabulous sale going on. 30% OFF everything on the site!! YNS was recently featured on Jennifer McGuire's 2017 favorite crafty things so this is a great time to pick up what she loved at a great price!

Thanks for popping in and hope you have a great weekend and find some great deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!