Friday, January 13, 2012

Stamping on Tile

TGIF!
What a week! Trips to the DR for the kids and myself and just getting things done! It snowed yesterday just a little but the schools are still closed for today. So, a 4 day weekend for the boys! Much to their delight of course!

Today I want to show you something that is not new to the stamping world but a re-visit to this craft. Stamping on tile to make coasters!  It makes for great housewarming gifts or gifts in general since everyone needs coasters!  It is very inexpensive and you can purchase these tiles at any home improvement store for about $4 for 6-8 of them. Since they are natural, you will find them pitted and of different styles, but that makes them unique and a unique look when you stamp on them.
I used an Army seal stamp with black Staz-on ink. I heat set it with my hest fun and then sealed it with some matte Modge Podge. I used a very light seal with a very damp sponge brush so bit to make it too tacky. Let it dry and add some cork or furniture felt to the back. Thats it!  Super easy and unique to make!
I hope you enjoyed this and thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I really love this idea. Definitely something I would like to try.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!