Thursday, November 13, 2008

Veteran's Sketch

It's Sketch time!! This is for Sketches! {by Tamara} weekly sketch which you can find on her blog.  I had made a card for Veterans Day in which I will send to my dh's grandfather.  I wish I could send one to every veteran, but I do hope they all know how appreciative I am for the sacrifices they have made and continue to make.  They are the reason I can sit here now and "blog" my creations and thoughts.  Thank you!!



For this card I used a lot of things I have had collecting dust.  LOL!  I used some dp and stamps from CTMH that I have had for some time.   It was nice to break them in and put a little ink to the stamps.  I added some Stickles in Platinum to the stars on the flag although you can really see them.  The ripped panel was made using the sentiments from the stamp sets.  Just a simple card that means a lot!!  

Thanks for stopping by!!

Materials Used: NON, Momento Black, NQN, Ruby Red, CTMH Independence dp, CTMH, K&CO Brads, Stickles, corner rounder, ribbon, self adhesive metal embellishments, Going Grey

4 comments:

  1. Deb this is really well done. I am sure your dh's grandfather will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I just LOVE this...that sentiment is absolutely perfect (gives me chills)...speaking of chills...we were all sick her this week so all kevin got was a punch in the arm! lol!

    Please thank Tom for his service! (((ANTONS)))) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic tribute - and a wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific, Deb....and thank you Tom and all others who proudly serve our country....'Home of the free because of our brave'....well-stated....

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!