Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cards for a good cause

I was trying to spend this weekend in catching up on challenges on SCS among other things.  I have been MIA for some time now, that I really need to get posting and commenting.  I started off my list with the Gina K's Sketch challenge that you can find here.  I used my new set by Carolyn King called Whimsical Autumn.  For those of you who may not know, Carolyn is donating 100% of her proceeds to the Alzheimer's Association in her grandmothers memory. How cool is that??!! You can find more deets on her blog.  Not only is it a versatile set and fun, but it is for a good cause!  I hope you head to Gina K's site to purchase this fabulous set and help support a good cause.  

For this card, I whipped out my Prismacolor Pencils and Gina K Mineral Sprits for a softer look on the flowers.  I also used Basic Grey's Boxer paper and SU! new In color.  I also utilized the new SU! decorative brads which I think are so fun and cut out my oval using my Nestibilities in Petite Ovals.  This is a great sketch, so play along!!

Materials used:  SU! Riding Hood Red, Basic Grey Boxer, Very Vanilla, CTMH Independence pack, Nestibilities Petite Ovals, Corner rounder, SU! decorative brads,ribbon


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is another card I made for the Gina K sketch challenge also using Carolyn's new set.  The dp was a sample piece I picked up while at CHA from October Afternoon.  It is just so cute and for some reason, it was calling me to use it! : )  I kept the main oval simple so not to make it too busy since the dp has a bit going on.  From the stamp set, I used the leaves, apples, and swirls.  I added a prima flower which I colored in using both Copics and Shimmerz in Barn Red.  Speaking of Shimmerz... have you tried it?? They are so much fun and can be found here at Jackonbelle Embellishments!   For the pierced swirl on the bottom-  I stamped one of the swirls on scratch paper and used that as my template to pierce.  I then dotted them with a deep red gel pen which I think I probably shouldn't have.  But it's done!  Everything is on diamensionals.  Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek!!

Materials Used:  SU! Kraft, DCWV, October Afternoon, Chocolate Chip, Prima, Copics, Shimmerz, diamensionals, Nestibilites Petite Ovals






2 comments:

  1. You are awesome Deb--and I love your cards! Wonderful job with the sketch. (Gotta love shimmerz!)Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy, both cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!