Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Love you Berry Much! Operation Write Home

Hi everyone! It's another wet day here but we were lucky enough to dry out for a bit yesterday before getting this second wave.

I wanted to share with you I made for a sketch challenge by SRM Stickers who partnered up with Operation Write Home.  This is a fabulous organization who provides donated handmade cards to all our servicemembers of all branches overseas so that they may send them to their loved ones back home. It's funny how I had a hard time choosing what kind of card to make, as I sat to think about all the things my husband would tell me about the soldiers there and what I thought most of them would want to send.  So, I chose this:


This card is made from a set by Taylored Expressions called Berries and Cherries.  The sketch is based on this:


I used K&CO's paper called Citronella which I just adore!! It also fit perfectly with the image! I used my CB folder Swiss Dots for the background after I had scored some diagonal lines with my Scor-Pal across the panel.  I then colored in my image with my Copics and cut it out to pop up on the DP and sentiment. I finished off the card with a bow and put some Sakura Glaze over the cherries for some shine. Here's a closer look.



Well, that about sums it up for me today!! I need to do some grocery shopping now (the story of my life!) and help in my son's classroom!! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek!!

3 comments:

  1. ohhhh...berry berry cute!
    Great card for owh--!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! My favorite embossing folder too. Cute sentiment, love that berry font.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I like the idea of scoring before embossing!! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!