Monday, February 24, 2020

Lucky Charm - Your Next Stamp February Release Inspiration and Some News

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend and ready to tackle this next week. As you saw from the title, I do have some news, but I will get to it at the end. First...

Today is another inspiration day and I am sharing with you a card using the new release set of Lucky Charm.  This guy cracks me up and I just love the correction on the sentiment.


I started with coloring him in with Copics and using some Ranger Tinsel Embossing powder for the hat.  Can we talk about this EP for a second? This is NOT my favorite of all embossing powders.  It doesn't seem to stick well and find myself having to emboss several times before getting good coverage.  When I purchased this over the holidays, I was picturing some fabulous sparkle and glitter. It's quite the opposite.  The jar looks like it is full of glitter and when you spread it on, it has a lot of glitter. Then you shake off the excess and you are left with minimal powder.  When you heat it, whatever glitter IS on the image gets blown off. It's a shame because how pretty and glittery it could be if it were just formulated differently.  I know this picture looks like it is sparkly and you do get some, but it is all about the angle of the picture. : ) I digress... Once the image was colored in and embossed, I used the coordinating die to cut him out.  I added a little Wink of Stella to the shamrock for added sparkle. Using some dp, I used the YNS Grass Tufts die to cut out the edge of the dp and added a little black card stock to the back to break up the paper. I added the sentiment onto the base of the card and popped up the image up. The card was finished with some sparkly YNS Gold Tinsel Gumdrops.

And for the news.... I am sad to say that I am stepping down from the Your Next Stamp design team. This is my last card for the month with YNS.  It was a very hard decision to make considering that I have been part of Karen's creative family for nearly 8 years!! I don't even know where that time went.  I have had such a wonderful time sharing all my creations using the YNS products with you all, but it was time for me to step down and focus on my family. My children will head to college in a little over a year and I would like to spend as much time as I can with them. I have also started a new job almost 6 months ago which has been a new balancing act for the family and I.  Karen, THANK YOU so much for allowing me to be part of your awesome team all these years! XOXO

Thank you for stopping by and make it a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!