Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day

Hello friends!

Happy Memorial Day!  While you are spending some relaxing time with friends and family, I do hope you will take a moment to remember those who have served, are currently serving, and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for this country; the ones who paid the check when "the balance was due."  These men and women wrote the check that allows me to do what I love and to be able to spend time with my family.

My card I made is an oldie that I made and one that I wanted to do in tribute to thank a veteran in place of a sympathy card.  I love the CAS look of this that allows this cutie from MFT called Soldier Boy (retired) to stand out. 




The base is a heavyweight white cardstock with another white layer to pop up.  I paper pieced the soldier with some AA SU! cs and colored in his face, shoes, and hat with Copics.  The patterned paper from CTMH was cut out in a fishtail banner and curled up.  It was then finished with some black jute twine from May Arts and basic twine from my stash.  The sentiment was stamped directly onto the cs. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to look and have a safe rest of the holiday!

 photo Siggy.png

3 comments:

  1. Darling card! Love the banners and paper-pieced soldier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I love the little soldier image! Thanks to your hubby for his service, and to you for your sacrifice as a military wife! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!