Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Aw Shucks!

Do you hear the banjo playing and feel you need to be on a rocking chair, on the porch, sipping sweet tea? Hee...

Today at the Hambo Hoedown the challenge is using punches! With the popular trend of dies and Sihouettes or Cricuts to cut out your shapes, a challenge like this really opens up your eyes to how far we've come in this craft! Lol! My stash is pretty sad... This was all I could do with my card...




I used my dust covered Marvey Giga scallop punch for the image while the tag was punched out using my SU! Tag punch. Two oldies for sure!
The image and sentiment are from Hambo Stamps and colored in with Copics. I also made this card for Monday's SCS' CAS challenge of using twine. The dp is Pink Pasley. The entire sentiment is 'aw shucks! Sorry I missed it!' I broke it up with the remaining sentiment on the inside.

We hope you can play along and be sure to give a looksy at what the other Bacon Bits came up with! Have a great Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. I knew that was a Marvy Giga because I have three of them just like that, taking up space on my punch wall!! They are so huge! I love the farm-fresh feel of this card, Deb -- it is corn season here and on every corner there are pickups full of just-picked yummy sweet corn! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy is right this card has a very fresh look!!! Love it Deborah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Still have my marvy punches too and still use them occasionally (so i keep them!) Great challenge! Funny how far this industry has come in just a few years!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!