Friday, March 25, 2011

Altered Nurse Feelgood - Thank you

Happy Friday everyone!! I hope you all had a great week.  I have stayed busy with my kids, their school activities, and of course, our upcoming move! It is hard to believe that we will only in be in NC for another 2 months.  But, in true military fashion, you embrace the journey and look forward to new adventures! Now... if only we can find a home! LOL!

Today I would like to share with you an "altered" card I made for our unit's Chief Nurse who is leaving us to head to a premiere military hospital to become their Chief.  Because our DR's and Nurse's spend most of their time in Military uniforms, I altered Carolyn King's Nurse Feelgood set from Gina K to have the nurse in her ACU's.  I cut off her skirt and drew in some pants and boots.  Sorry for the off center photo! I forgot to take a picture and before we gave it to her, I took a photo with my phone!



I paper pieced the uniform with some dp by the Paper Studio and added some Flower Soft in sand for the boots to give it a suede like texture.  I then popped her up on a background using my Spellbinders Nesties. I also used MFT's die-namic open scallop for the top of the middle panel.  I stamped the caduceus and added the 'N' from Nurse over it to signify the Nurse Corps she belongs to.  I punched it out using my 1" circle punch.  I colored the face and hair with my Copics and finished the card with some MFT Twill ribbon which I stamped Nurse across and added a K&Co brad.  The inside of the card says Thank you.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek at my altered project! : ) I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Super cool idea with the camo.. I am sure she will love this.
    Still haven't found a house yet, well it will happen. maybe those people will decide they want to rent for the time being. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you did this...great card! Good luck with all the house stuff. you know i sympathasize all too well... :(

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!