Saturday, October 9, 2010

Welcome Home!

It's Saturday! It's Saturday!!  I still can't believe a year has gone by already and dh is finally home!! In honor of his return, I made this card with SU! Set of Courage which I have never inked up! I really wanted to make the soldier stand out the most with very little of anything else colored.  However, I started coloring the flag but I don't think I would next time.  The inside sentiment is a quote by Winston Churchill that say:
"Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities, because it is the quality that guarantees all others."



To color the image I used my Prismacolor Pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits to blend.  I used some dp by Paper Studio while the brad in the center of the ribbon is by K&CO. The ribbon is SU!.  I popped up the image and gently did an ink to paper sponging with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Antique Linen.  Simple and just a little something to give to the hubby in appreciation!  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and your family. Perfect set for the homecoming card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Deb!! So glad your DH is home safe and sound too!! I'm so happy for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wohoooohoooo...at last! ENJOY your time...I will call you after he has been home a bit. Congrats--!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! So glad he arrived home safely! Your card is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. I love this... Might need some of these stamped out on some copic friendly papers... hee hee

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!