Wednesday, August 11, 2010

CHA Pictures and a quick card

Hi everyone!! Ahhhh.... it feels good to be back and in the creative seat once again.  I am back from CHA; pictures and all! My creative juices are flowing and I have been able to spend time in my craft space everyday and accomplish what I wanted.  Unfortunately, I have submitted some of those creations for publication, so I can't share some of them yet, until I get turned down! lol!   Can you believe the Summer is coming to an end??!! I know for some of you it's sad, but for me- well, I am happy just for the fact that the boys had a fun time traveling, at camp, and now gearing for the return of daddy!!! We are on the last 60 day stretch!

I thought I would start off with a simple card, (CHA pictures at the bottom)  made from a set I picked up at the CHA Supershow from Taylored Expressions called Chillax! I just LOVE this set!  Perfect for those Margarita drinking fools, (Like myself!) or even for some masculine cards.



I made this card with a man in mind for simplicity and for the inside sentiment that says, "Chill-ax!" This is a long and skinny card using My Minds Eye dp and Copic Markers for the coloring tools.  When I use the lime image again, I will be careful in choosing my greens as I accidently started off with some shades that were too dark and I really wanted it a tad lighter.  I added a little ric-rack along the top of the dp for some additional color.  I finished it off by adding a hint of Ranger Stickles to the center of the lime.

Now! On to the CHA pictures... It was so nice to see everyone again and to meet new people.  I tend to chat a lot and forget to take pictures but I have some with the MFT gang that would be nice to share.


Kim (MFT), Carolyn (Cammie), and myself.  These two girls I just LOVE!! They are the best of friends and have the heart the size of the world.  Carolyn and I used to be neighbors but the Army brought us our separate ways. So these CHA times are the most special to see each other again!  Kim adopted me to be one of her "girls" and she is a brilliant person!


OMG!! I finally got to meet Stacy (Twinshappy) after 4 years of talking and emailing!!  It was so exciting to see her, catch up, have a dessert dinner, and just see each other face to face!! She is a doll and I can't wait to see her again!


Kerry, Joanne, and Christina- These girls are amazing! The sweetest girls you could meet, not to mention talented! I had the best time with them!!


Our last night in Chicago and I think by this time, the martinis were talking and we all were being so goofy, talking, and the cameras couldn't stop flashing!


Here we are as a "whole" including Kim's sweet girls and hubby!!



Now, I can't believe this is the only picture I have of Carole (TruCarMa) in a calm fashion!! But the other pictures are sure to be a laughing reminder of our time there at CHA!

So, as you can see, we had an awesome time and can't wait until the next time!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!





5 comments:

  1. Great pics--great times! Miss you already.
    Ok...so spill---who did you submit too! So exciting. Fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for not posting some of those 'other' pictures, Deb! Always so awesome to hang with you, chica. I think instead of CHA, we might need to do a cruise next time. What do you think? And I *LOVE* my veggie card -- totally cracked me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute card. And I am so finally glad we got to meet also. Wish I took better pictures though. LOL Now you know what the *real* Me looks like. bawhahhaa... Hey we had fun, but WAY TOO SHORT!!!! We are planning our next time right... :0) Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deborah, it was so good to see you in Chicago.
    your card looks wonderful! Love the layout, the paper, the colors.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy do I miss everyone. Thanks for posting the pics. Great to see everyones smiling faces even if I couldn't be there. Remembering the fun times we had at CHA '08.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!