Monday, August 10, 2009

Jewelry with MFT-Stamping on Shell Pendants

Hi everyone!! Today is Jewelry with MFT, so be sure to check out the forum at SCS here for more information on todays projects of stamping on shells. I have two to share with you....



For these necklaces, I stamped on two different types of shell pendant. This is easy to do makes for some simple and personalized gifts! You can find these shell pendants just about anywhere beads are sold and can even find them at Wal-mart! They are very inexpensive and cost no more than $3.00 depending on where it is purchased.

The blue shell on the left is a Capiz shell. This shell is very thin and delicate while the shell on the right, is an abalone shell which is thicker and a bit more sturdier. For the Capiz shell, I stamped on it using MFT's Bling Bet and Bundles of Bouquets. I stamped the initial using Encore silver stamp pad and then topping it with some silver EP. I used my heat tool to melt the EP and let cool. I then stamped the decorative corner using my SU! White Craft pad and Stampendous Transparent Stardust EP. I heated that and let it cool. I finished it off by gluing some Swarovski Crystal to the initial and beaded some silver glass beads mixed with Swarovski crystals onto beading wire. Simple!

On the abalone shell, I used MFT's Boho Blossom set which I stamped the larger flower with Versamark and then topped with Gold EP. I heated that until melted and let it cool. I then stamped "Love" across the flower using Versamark again and used Black detail EP. I heated that carefully so as to not re-melt the gold EP. I thought it need just a little more, so I finished it off by added some Swarovski crystals throughout and outlined the shell using my Black Copic marker for some definition. I beaded some black seed beads and a bail and was finished!!

I hope you enjoyed some easy and simple jewelry pendants that I have shared. Try it and you will find that anyone can make some cute jewelry using rubber/clear stamps!! Don't forget to check out the forum for full instructions and details!! Have a great week!!

2 comments:

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!