Sunday, March 29, 2009

Beaded Links

Here is a bracelet I made inspired by a bracelet that was worn by the receptionist at my eye doctor's office.  It was quite different and thought I wanted to try something a bit more off the wall based on the unique styling of her bracelet.

For this, I used some blank textured links which you can purchase at any lcs in the jewelry department.  I then used Ranger's Glossy Accents to act as my "glue." I mixed in a little container a combination of some pearlized cream and plain black seed beads.  While the glossy accents was still wet, I poured on some of my bead mixture on top keeping a careful eye to not wanting to cover the link holes.  I let each link dry completely before going over each link again with the glossy accents and sprinkling on a little bit of metal silver micro beads on top.  I let each link dry completely again and connected each one with some jump rings and finished it off with a toggle clasp.  Simple and fun! Perfect for creating some fun jewelry for the Spring and Summer using bright and festive colors.  Thanks so much for stopping by!


3 comments:

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!