Friday, November 20, 2015

Holiday Mittens - Your Next Stamp Friday Challenge

Hello crafty friends and happy Friday!

This week is a new Your Next Stamp Challenge that we'd love to see you participate in!  For my card, I created on using the new Winter Mittens and Christmas words die with the new sketch to make this super fun card perfect for the holidays.


I started with the Stitched Square die set to create the frame for the top panel.  Using the Christmas Words die set, I picked out the 'Happy Holidays' die and cut it on the bottom portion of the square.  Taking my craft knife, I hand cut out the center leaving just a frame and the words.  I followed the sketch and made the background panel in just a black card stock.  For the mittens, I cut them out using patterned paper from Studio Calico to mimic a knitted look and even reversed the die so that I could have a left and right mitten.  I added the ric-rack embellishment and some buttons for a more realistic feel. The mittens were complete with some plain red divine twine  before being popped up over the black panel.   The card was complete by adding some new fun Holly Jolly Gumdrops and a snowflake with some added stickles.

Be sure to stop by the YNS Blog to see all the fabulous creations from the design team. Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you all have a great Friday!

 photo Siggy 2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!