Saturday, November 23, 2013

6x6 Scrap Storage - Tutorial

Happy Saturday everyone!

I thought I would start off the weekend with a little tutorial on how to store your scrap 6x6 papers.  I am sure I am not the only one who has come up with this idea, but at least I would like to share it with you!

Keeping the scraps stored like this, keeps the same collection together.  I know I have a drawer of scrap patterned paper mostly cut from my 12x12's, but those darn 6x6's always were thrown into the pad it came from, falling out.  SO... here is an easy way to keep it all together!

The items you will need are:
  •  some 5x7 (A9) envelopes (or any envelopes that work for you) 
  • Adhesive -  You can even use some removable adhesive to save on always replacing your envelopes when you either finish the pad or give it away. 
{---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------}


Start with your open envelope.




Now seal it.


Place it on your paper trimmer to measure where you will cut it in half based on the size of your envelope.  You want to cut it in half starting at the top of the flap.  Cut...


Add some adhesive to the back of the envelope. I add it to where the flap is to hide that so it is a smooth look. 


Add it to the back of the pad of paper you are needing the storage.


And add those scraps!!



There you have it! A simple and easy way to store the scraps to be used later without digging for them in your scrap drawer. 



Thanks for popping in to take a look at this and hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Deborah! I've been storing my 6x6 pads in individual zip lock bags and dropping the scraps I with them, but the bags are bulky and slippery. Might have to give your method a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Deborah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!