Friday, July 5, 2013

Age Spots

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a fun and safe 4th of July (if you are here in the states) and today, hopefully you are relaxing.  That is of course, if your job gave you today off too! :)

Before I get to my card, I just want to remind you all to be sure and subscribe to my blog via any of the following feeds located on the right.  With the ending of Google reader on the 1 July, there are different readers you can use in place of that.  I chose Feedly and Bloglovin' as those seem to be the most used, but some have chosen to use Flipboard or Old Reader.  In any case, I do hope you add my blog to your reader of choice!

So I mentioned age spots... yes.. age spots. I have got a few, (I am admitting that) but luckily we don't show them with stripes!



This is a fun image you will find over at Hambo Stamps new arrivals called Big Giraffe and Age Spots, perfect for a birthday or just for fun.  I kept this all on the same panel with the giraffe cut out with my oval nesties to be popped up.


I thought this would be a fun look with some extra dimension to the front of the card.  I used some patterned paper from MME for the back strip and layering some plain black cs as the middle panel, followed by the image panel.  I colored the image with Copics  and finished it off with a small twine bow.  Simple and good for a chuckle! :)

Thanks so much for popping in and hope you have a fabulous Friday!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Cool technique of "Popping" up the oval!
    It works so well on this card!!
    Great card, Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the pop up technique - it absolutely adds a fun dimension! Love it!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH SQUEEE!! How did I miss this???? LOVE LOVE LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!