Tuesday, June 25, 2013

In Nature - Timeless Tuesday 226

 
 
Welcome back for another fabulous Timeless Tuesday Challenge.  Broni is our fabulous hostess this week and she is challenging you to use watercolors in your project or card.  Super fun challenge as this is definitely not something I do everyday. So, it was time to dust off my pencils!



My card is using the new Flourishes release of In Nature.  Such a wonderful masculine set, but also perfect for those who camp, kayak, boy scouts, or just have a cabin on the lake.




 

For my card, I whipped out my watercolor pencils that I have had by Milan with a few stragglers I have from Faber-Castille. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black on cold press watercolor paper.  I hit it for a moment with my heat gun just to set the ink before coloring it in with the pencils. I used my water pen brush as my blending tool and went section by section adding more color where needed.  I then cut the image out using my oval nesties to be popped up over the patterned paper by Basic Grey- Granola collection.  I sewed around the edges of the papers and added some twine and a button before adhering it to the base layer.  The sentiment is stamped directly onto the patterned paper.

We hope you join us this week in this challenge and don't forget to link it up with us! You could be the next winner of a fabulous prize! Thanks so much for popping in and be sure to check out what other beautiful creations the Timeless Tuesday Team have created!

  • Allison Cope
  • Broni Holcombe
  • Cheryl Lea
  • Deborah Anton   <-------you are="" here="" li="">
  • Denise Marzec
  • Jenny Gropp
  • Judy Rozema
  • Katie Sims
  • Berni Cuttino, our June guest designer

  • post signature

    9 comments:

    1. Your coloring is beautiful, Deborah! Love the colors you used....and that skyline is gorgeous! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Gorgeous coloring, Princess Deborah! I almost did pencils today, but decided at the last minute to change. LOVE the colors in your horizon - wow! And neat wood grain background too!

      ReplyDelete
    3. What a beautiful nature scene, Deborah! I LOVE how you colored the sunset!! Just gorgeous!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Deborah, this is beautiful! Your coloring looks amazing--especially that gorgeous sunset!

      ReplyDelete
    5. This is stunning Deborah! I love the sky colours! Your colouring of the whole image is wonderful. Love the wood grain and the dark base - gorgeous details!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Gorgeous coloring Deb... this is relaxing and wonderful. Love the wood grain paper too. Just gorgeous.

      ReplyDelete
    7. BEAUTIFUL WATER COLORING!!!!!!!!!LOOOOOOOOVE the Sunset!!!!!!:) It looks FABULOUS with the stitching & the designer paper! :)

      ReplyDelete

    I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!