Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Felt Easter Holder- (and a little shameless plug!)

Hi! Busy morning already, but worth it as my boys received their Honor Roll certificate today! They have worked so hard this year that dh and I couldn't be more proud especially with what we have struggled with the last 2 years! I will show you a shameless plug photo of that at the end... : )

Anyway, I made a fairly simple felt Easter holder using felt (obviously! LOL!), some dies, and a sewing machine.


I used felt from MFT and The Cats Pajamas and used a template that I drew on paper for the shape of the egg.  I then used some of the orange felt and the chain link die from MFT to make the handles.  I sewed the ribbon on both "egg" pieces and glues some mini flowers to the top.  I then adhered the handles with brads because I thought it would add a nice feature.  I found that it is better to sew it or sew around the brad for some extra sturdiess.  I then made the tag:


I used The Cats Pajamas new set and colored it in with Copics.  I decided to add a little grass to the bottom by using the MFT grass die-namic and MFT felt.  I finished it off by adding some mini paper flowers.  I cut the image out and popped it up on top of some ovals cut with my nesties.  I hung it with some twine from The Twinery and filled the holder with some Easter grass, chocolate ducks, chocolate eggs, and finally, some butterfliess cut outs.  The butterflies are from TCP as well that I used some wire and stickles for sparkle for a little springy touch!

OK! So here is my proud parents photo of our boys....
Thanks so much for stopping by and checking it all out!! Have a great Tuesday!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the boys!

    Cute egg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS basket. So cute. Congrats to Austin and Tyler--what a great accomplishment. PS---they are so big!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!