Friday, February 24, 2012

Simple 8x8 Scrap Page

TGIF!
Whew! I am happy this week is over... It has been a sad week for us in our household. I mentioned that we had to put our dog down Monday and then on Wednesday, we got word that my sister-in-law passed away from Breast Cancer. It definitely has been a heart wrenching week....

To do a little non thinking crafting, I took a picture that I love of my boys from vacation and did a mini scrap page. I really wanted to keep it clean and beachy.





This was made using GCD Studios 8x8 pad of Ella Blue. This is a very elegant pad of paper, but this particular sheet is a perfect beach sheet page. I adhered the photo and wrapped around some ribbon that looks like sailor rope,(I don't know if that is what it is really called... Lol) and then attached a shell from that vacation to the corner. The lettering, corner spray, and the chipboard piece are all MME. I stamped 'Best Friends' using two different stamps that looked alike from SU! To make the words. The mini word 'vacation' is a sticker from SRM Stickers and I finished it off with a silver starfish charm and some twine wrapped around the opening.

Super simple and clean! Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek! I hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for your recent losses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and I love that you kept it so clean. Definitely beachy!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!