Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year and Birthday Friday

Disclaimer: Picture at the end is not for the faint hearted!! :)

Happy New Year and Happy Friday everyone!

It's hard to believe that 2012 is upon us and much hope is being given to this year; My creative and me time is not one excluded! My posts have been far and few in between, sporadic really, and a few personal issues fell on my lap the last two months that needed attention, thus taking time once again from my hobby. DH and I have talked a lot about my love of this hobby and he is so understanding of the little time I do not get to accomplish all I want with it. He is really great...So, he is helping me try and get some more time in to create. His schedule and job is grueling though, so I know it is tough for him too. The daily family jobs fall on me and I don't mind... Me time is only ink and paper. We both try to make the balance scale even, but with two very active boys who are 9, well, that makes it that much harder! :) Allow me to share this story:
Picture it...New Years Eve.... 3:15pm... Boys want to play outside with friends. Hubby and I settle in for taking down the decorations... 20 minutes go by and my other son is ringing the doorbell frantically yelling... He is telling me my other son has a hole in his leg! Whhaaaat?! So we run out and find my other son in tears limping towards us... Yup! A hole... Not in his leg but in his knee. Skateboarding accident. Ok... So decorations put on the back burner, my day of crafting pushed back another day because the decorations taking down day will replace my day. Off to the ER where 4 hours later and 3 staples to my sons knee happened and then were we able to enjoy the New Year sans one child passed out from his emotional high! Lol... Poor guy.... Our special dinner planned didn't happen either so that had to be pushed to the next day. (Picture at the bottom) This is only one of many hiccups I will endure; I have some daredevil children! Sorry for the longwinded story, but I thought I would share our New Year excitement with our very active boys. With all that said, I have some changes in store for me this year and I do hope it will be for the better. But for today, I am going to share with you a birthday card I made for a special young lady!

  This card was made using some dp from Pink Paislee and the image from MFT.  I layered the card with some brown cs amd cut out the dp with my large Spellbinder die.  I used the negative of the dp as my next layer and I then cut out the orange cs with the next size down of the circle dies for an over laying effect.  I used MFT's Die-namic Prima Donna Petals for the flower and colored in some white grossgrain ribbon to match with my Copics.  I finished it off with a button and the sentiment overlayed on the cake. I am not sure why I didn't use the candles this set came with... I clearly forgot! It can look like presents too...  The inside of the card mimics the outside with circles overlapping. 
Thanks so much for stopping by and peeking and reading!! :)  Have a great day and hope your New Year is off to a wonderful start!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE ANTONS



Here is the picture of my son's knee after the injury.... I won't put you through to see it before! (Gross...)




5 comments:

  1. wow, nice knee! sounds like my house! hope you're able to find more time for yourself cuz if "mama ain't happy, ain't NOBOBDY happy!" haha! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! So glad all is ok. Super cute card, I am new to MFT, I have a couple and am loving them, I need more, lol. Wishing you and your family a wonderful new year, (and some stamping time for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cutie pie! What about the picture that isn't for the faint-hearted? And it's your beautiful family! :) Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh! Now I see it and I say OUCH!!! Hope he is doing good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. barf! I am sure there is something cute to look at here but i am barfing at the moment! snort!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!