Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Amate Studios-Mothers Day

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great start to your Tuesday!  It is amazing how you can start your day with not too much to do and then all of sudden- BAM! You have a day full of things to do!! No? Is it just me? {Sigh} Oh well! It certainly makes my day go by faster, although I sometimes don't want it to! : )

Today I am going to show you some Amate Studios projects with Mother's Day in mind.  This first one being a pendant:


I started off using a copper square pendant component and used some wire designed brass findings by Traditions for the filling. I cut the finding to size and used my pliers to bend the sides in so that it would sit inside the component raised.  It is quite snug when you do this that no glue is required.  I then took some 24ga copper wire and wire wrapped the entire component with no particular design in mind.  Half way through the wrapping, I added some Paper Studio ribbon alphabet slides to spell 'MOM' and made sure I wrapped through those letters twice to make it tight.  I then used my Tim Holtz Alcohol inks and dauber to "antique" it up all over the pendant.  I finished the pendant off by adding some charms of a butterfly and key to the bottom.

The second project was something I was thinking with the gardening mom in mind.  I found a lot of fun gardening things at Michaels that were inexpensive.


I found a fun yellow metal bucket and based the tools and such around that color.  I found gloves, windchimes, tissues, seeds, and a spade all in yellow.  I then found some fun ribbon in the dollar bin which I used to thread along the top of the bucket by using my Crop-a-dile to punch out the holes.  I then used the large Amate Studios flower pendant as a "tag" to hang which says mom.  I used Flourishes  A year in Flowers as the main image colored in with Copics and highlighted with my clear Spica pen.  I used my 1/4" round punch to punch out the letters and popped them up in the center of the pendant.  What you can't see in this picture is the sparkle from the Spica pen that I used all over the image.  I did not place anything over the pendant like transparency or resin or glossy accents.  So, just a fun little Mother's Day idea for the gardening mom!!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day!! Don't forget that the sneek peeks for Our Craft Lounge starts tomorrow and the Blog Hop on Friday!! You won't want to miss what the design team has put together and some fun new releases you can win!!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!